Tool and Die Making
Tool & Die Making
(3 ½ years courses)
Eligibility: 10th Pass, 12th Pass(all subjects)
Age: 15-25 years
Lateral Entry: ITI Pass, Diploma Pass (mechanical trade)
Certification: German Chamber of Skilled Crafts, Koblenz, Germany
Engineering design firms etc.
Job profile after Graduation:
Tool room engineer
Tool & Die maker
Estimated Salary after Graduation:
Rs. 240,000- Rs. 560,000
- Plan and control working procedures, work as part of a team, check, evaluate and document work results and make use of quality assurance methods
- Produce component parts from different materials, using tools and machines
- Programme and operate machines with numerical control
- Make injection moulds, press moulds and stamping moulds, as well as punching and recasting tools
- Produce devices and operating equipment to support and/or extend industrial production facilities
- Put together structural parts and subassemblies to produce tools, instruments, devices and moulds
- Make mould surfaces using fine machining techniques
- Carry out maintenance work
- Check and optimize functions and processes in terms of quantity and quality
- Use technical documentation as well as English language information and communication systems
- Soft skills
- Manufacturing components with hand tools
- Manufacturing components with conventional machines such as lathe, milling, grinding, drilling etc.
- Manufacturing simple components including basic welding
- Machine maintenance
- Producing finished components by turning, milling, grinding etc.
- Material selection, heat treatment, testing, calibration and metrology
- Producing components with CNC machines i.e. CNC milling, CNC turning
- Industrial automation i.e. pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-pneumatic
- EDM, wire cut, precision grinding, polishing, mirror polishing, inspection and QC documentation
- Produce components with computer aided manufacturing, CAD-CAM and CNC programming
- Tool design, detail drawing preparation, assembly and trial
- Manufacturing and maintenance of tools, jigs, fixtures and trials
- Tool design, Tool production, die maintenance, project planning, production jobs
- Safety, Environmental considerations, Soft skills for the workplace
Mechanical: Engineering drawing, Manufacturing technology, Engineering measurements, Workshop calculations, CNC technology, VMC, Wire Cut, EDM, Press tool technology, Mould technology, Die casting technology, Jigs & fixture, Tool design drawing, Autocad, CAM (Computer aided manufacturing), 3D design etc.
Other technical: Material Science, Strength of materials, Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Basics of electrical & electronics, Quality control, Industrial engineering etc.
Auxiliary: English, Mathematics, Physics, estimating & costing, social science, computer essentials, entrepreneurship, soft skills etc.