Precision Machining Technology
(3 ½ years courses)
Eligibility: 10th Pass, 12th Pass(all subjects)
Age: 15-25 years
Lateral Entry: ITI Pass, Diploma Pass (mechanical trade)
Certification: German Chamber of Skilled Crafts, Koblenz, Germany
Industrial engineering consulting firms etc.
Job profile after Graduation:
Vendor development engineer
Estimated Salary after Graduation:
Rs. 240,000- Rs. 560,000
- Plan and control work processes, monitor and evaluate work results,
- Apply standards and guidelines for assuring product quality and contribute to the continual improvement of work processes in the company,
- Measure and test mechanical and physical parameters,
- Produce parts and components by means of manual and mechanical manufacturing processes,
- Create and optimize programmes and operate numerically-controlled machines, equipment and plant,
- Assemble, dismantle and take into operation machines, equipment, devices, systems and plant including associated control equipment and explain them to customers, carry out servicing work as well as fault-finding and malfunction searches and maintain machines, equipment, devices, systems and plant, including control equipment.
- Soft skills
- Manufacturing components with hand tools
- Manufacturing components with conventional machines such as lathe, milling, grinding, drilling etc.
- Machine maintenance
- Manufacture of turned and milled parts, programme and manufacture with CNC machine
- Manufacture of sub-systems including heat treatment and materials
- Pneumatics, Hydraulics
- Plan and produce precision components
- Cad / Cam
- Precision engineering i.e. manufacture of precision mechanical systems mechanical, electrical and optical parameters, basic electronics for automated systems or,
- Tool manufacture i.e. EDM/ wire cut, manufacture of pressing tools, dies and moulds or,
- Mechanical i.e. welding basics, assembly, disassembly and commissioning of technical systems, basic electronics for automated systems
- Safety, Environmental considerations, Soft skills
Mechanical: Engineering drawing, Manufacturing technology, Engineering measurements, CNC technology, Jigs & fixture, Tool design drawing, Autocad, CAM (Computer aided manufacturing), 3D design, production engineering, industrial engineering etc.
Other technical: Material Science, Strength of materials, Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Basics of electrical & electronics, Quality control, etc.
Auxiliary: English, Mathematics, Physics, estimating & costing, social science, computer essentials, entrepreneurship, soft skills etc.