(3 ½ years courses)
Duration: 3 ½ years
Eligibility: 10th Pass, 12th Pass(all subjects)
Age: 15-25 years
Lateral Entry: ITI Pass, Diploma Pass (mechanical, electrical & electronics trade)
Certification: German Chamber of Skilled Crafts, Koblenz, Germany
Automation solutions provider
Systems integration firm
Manufacturing company etc.
Job profile after Graduation:
Systems design engineer
Estimated Salary after Graduation:
Rs. 240,000- Rs. 560,000
- Plan and control work processes, monitor and evaluate work results,
- Apply standards and guidelines for assuring product quality and contribute to the continual improvement of work processes in the company,
- Measure and test mechanical and physical parameters,
- Produce parts and components by means of manual and mechanical manufacturing processes,
- Create and optimize programmes and operate numerically-controlled machines, equipment and plant,
- Assemble, dismantle and take into operation machines, equipment, devices, systems and plant including associated control equipment and explain them to customers, carry out servicing work as well as fault-finding and malfunction searches and maintain machines, equipment, devices, systems and plant, including control equipment.
- Soft skills
- Analyzing functional relationships in a mechanical, electrical, electronic system
- Manufacturing mechanical sub-systems using hand tools and machinery i.e. turning, milling, grinding, drilling, CNC etc.
- Installing electrical equipment in compliance with safety aspect (ac, dc, electrical measurements, wires and cables, current formula, checking electrical equipment, causes of surges, transients, counter measures etc.)
- Pneumatics and hydraulics
- Communicating with the help of data processing systems
- Planning and organizing work processes for an automated system
- PLC, Robotics, actuators, sensors, BUS
- Planning for installation and dismantling
- Commissioning, trouble shooting and repair
- Preventive maintenance, System integration, programming and delivery
- Safety, Environmental considerations, Soft skills
Core Technical: Manufacturing technology, Engineering graphics, Engineering metrology, CNC technology, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, electrical machine & drives, electronic devices & circuits, industrial electronics, digital electronics, microprocessors, microcontrollers & embedded systems, engineering electronics, measurement systems, control systems engineering, pneumatics, electro-pneumatics, hydraulics, electro-hydraulics, actuators & sensors, PLC, robotics, mechatronics systems, etc.
Other technical: Quality control, material science, Autocad, Basics of 3D design, Essentials of CAM (computer aided manufacturing), computer programing C, C++, computer networks & DBMS, etc.
Auxiliary: English, Mathematics, Physics, Applied mechanics, Social studies, computer basics, entrepreneurship, Soft skills etc.